Joie de Vivre wants to help you make the most of your tattoo removal treatments. By following these tattoo removal preparation and aftercare guidelines, you’ll have the very best opportunity to improve results and avoid any side effects.
Pre Tattoo Removal Treatment:
- Avoid the sun, tanning beds, tanning creams and bronzers for 4-6 weeks before and after treatment.
- If you have a history of herpes, prophylactic antiviral therapy must be started the day before treatment and continued for one week after treatment.
- If you have any changes in your health or medications throughout treatment, please let us know immediately.
Tattoo Removal Aftercare Treatment:
- Immediately after treatment, there may be erythema (redness) and edema (swelling) at the treatment site. This usually lasts 2 hours or longer. The erythema may last up to 10 days. The treatment area may feel like a sunburn for a few hours after the treatment, but it will subside.
- Apply ice as needed, on and off, for the next 24 hours. Avoid prolonged heat, such as saunas, steam rooms, Jacuzzis, extremely hot showers, or strenuous activities for the next 48 hours.
- You may take the bandage off in the evening when home from your appointment.
- Avoid sun exposure to avoid pigment changes. Apply sunscreen on the area, even if it is covered by clothing; the sun will travel through your clothes. The use of sunscreen on the area every day will also help the ink absorb and will subside itching.
- Some scabbing, light bleeding, blisters, and itching may occur. Do not pick at the area. You may use polysporin, sunscreen, and aquaphor to help with these symptoms.
- It takes 2 weeks for your body to absorb the broken up ink by this treatment. It may take a few treatments before you see fading. Treatments can be repeated every 6-8 weeks if there are no signs of scabbing and the tattoo area has healed.
- Remember to drink A LOT OF WATER!
Book your tattoo removal appointment today! Call 330-438-4088