Joie de Vivre wants to help you make the most of your chemical facial peel treatments. By following these chemical peel preparation and aftercare guidelines, you’ll have the very best opportunity to improve results and avoid any side effects.
General Chemical Facial Peel Treatment Guidelines:
- To minimize side effects and maximize results, it is important to use ONLY the post-procedure products for three to five days or until flaking has resolved. Your participation in your skincare treatments will determine the outcome. It is important to adhere to your home care products that your aesthetician has recommended.
- Delay the use of any topical or over the counter medication such as an alpha hydroxy acid or trentinoin product (i.e Retin-A, Differin, Tazorac, EpiDuo, etc) for five days. Speak to your aesthetician about this.
- Moisturizer should be applied at least twice a day, but it can be applied more frequently for hydration to alleviate the feeling of tightness and decrease the appearance of flaking.
- Avoid direct sun exposure and excessive heat. DO NOT go to a tanning bed for at least two weeks after this treatment; this practice should be discontinued due to the increased risk of skin cancer and signs of aging.
- For most patients, flaking begins about a day or two after your treatment. It is not possible to pre-determine when peeling will occur and how much peeling, if any, will occur. The shedding process usually subsides within 5-9 days. Do NOT pick or pull any peeling skin; this could potentially cause hyperpigmentation.
- Do not have electrolysis, waxing and/or dipilitories on the treated area for approximately five days.
- Depending on skin quality and the clinical peel performed, the following temporary reactions may occur:
- Prolonged redness, irritation, and flaking
- Dryness and sensitivity
- In rare instances, blistering may occur in sensitive areas
Chemical Peel Aftercare Guidelines:
These chemical peel aftercare guidelines must be observed for two days after the treatment.
- Stay cool! Heating internally can cause hyperpigmentation.
- Do not put treated area directly in shower spray.
- Do not use hot tubs, steam rooms or saunas.
- Do not go swimming.
- Do not participate in activities that cause excessive perspiration.
- Do not use loofahs or other means of mechanical exfoliation.
- Do not direct a hair dryer onto the treated area.
- Do not apply ice to the treated area.
Book your chemical facial peel appointment today! Call 330-438-4088