Congrats! You just got Botox or Juvederm for the first time, and you deserve the beautiful look that awaits you. Over the next several days, as you start noticing your treatment take effect, you’ll want to abide by a few simple aftercare procedures to ensure your experience is great.
- Avoid lying down for four to five hours after treatment.
- Avoid touching the area where Botox was injected. Do not massage or rub the area for at least 24 hours after injection.
- While you are welcome to resume your normal daily activity immediately after treatment, avoid strenuous physical activity for at least 24 hours.
- Avoid consuming large amounts of alcohol after treatment.
- Avoid taking blood-thinning medications, such as Excedrin, Ibuprofen or Aspirin.
- If you want, apply a lightweight cold compress to the treated area for a few minutes.
- There may be minor bruising from your injection, but this is often so light, it can be covered with makeup.
- If you experience any side effects or complications or think you are having an allergic reaction to Botox (this is very rare, but can happen), seek medical attention immediately.